The Emington Volunteer Fire Department was established in 1926. In 1962 a two stall fire station was built to house the truck and equipment. On November 2, 1982, the formation of the Emington-Campus Fire department became into being. It is small town USA at its finest when two villages get together and have volunteer to help in emergencies. No one can be thankful enough for the comradery of rural living.