This building was originally the Taylor State Bank. There was 3 bank robberies recorded in the Taylor State Bank history. The first one took place in the old bank building prior to 1920. The second occurred in the early 1920s. The third robbery took place on August 16, 1933. When the bank closed it became the Village of Emington Community Building.